I spent the entire summer photographing music performances, artists back stage and audience members. It was planned to be a one-man show displayed in the student center. This was in 1973 when photos were taken with film cameras, film was developed and photographs were printed and developed with wet chemicals in a darkroom.
I had built a darkroom in my Dad's basement (with his expert assistance). I knew the photographic prints had to be large (larger than the could be made in the school darkroom). My enlarger sat on a table and I could make a 16 X 20 inch print. But these prints needed to be much larger. By turning the enlarger platform around to the back and swiveling the projector head 180 degrees, I could project to the floor in front of the table (it was a large darkroom).
Using this method, I made a series of 24 X 36 inch prints, which I dry mounted (I had a dry mount press) on heavy poster board. These were hung around the student union building. I received one 4-hour class credit for this project, which cost me a lot for the chemicals, photo paper, dry mount glue sheets, poster board (mat board). Today, I only have a few of the images. Most are lost or in the form of negatives which I have never had scanned.
I remember having a difficult time developing the large prints in trays that were not quite big enough! I was a young guy operating on a limited budget. But it was a great experience. Here are a few images from the project about 41 years ago.